UPCET 2022 Exam: Dates, Admission Process, Admit Card, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus
UPCET 2022 will likely be conducted in the fourth week of June 2022. The UPCET 2022 application forms will likely be released soon. The application window will likely be open for approximately two months. The exam will be conducted in the computer-based test mode across various centres.
What is UPCET 2022?
Known earlier as UPSEE, Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (UPCET) is a gateway for candidates seeking admission to various professional courses offered at the undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) levels at all affiliated institutes of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT), Gorakhpur and Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU), Kanpur. The exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in the computer-based test mode across various cities.
UPCET 2022 Highlights
The table below indicates some of the key highlights of the UPCET 2022 exam that the candidates must know. Take a look at the highlights below.
|Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (UPCET) (Formerly known as UPSEE)
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Mode of Application
|Once a year
|Mode of examination
|Computer-based test mode
|English and Hindi
|Consists multiple-choice questions (MCQs) carrying four marks each
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no age limit.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam from any institution in UP or the parents should have the domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- If the candidates have not passed the qualifying exam from an institution in UP, then they will be required to produce their parent’s domicile certificate.
- Candidates who do meet the domicile requirements will also be eligible to appear for the exam if they meet the other required criteria.
- Candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam or are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for UPCET.
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for MCA (Integrated)
- Candidates should have qualified intermediate examination of U.P. Board or Class 12 level examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics/Statistics/Accountancy as compulsory subjects and one of the optional subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- Should have obtained at least 45 percent aggregate (40 percent aggregate in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for BPharm
- Should have passed (with/without grace) intermediate examination of U.P. Board or Class 12 level examination or its equivalent with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/Biology subject.
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for BHMCT/BFAD /BFA/B Voc/ BDes/MBA (Integrated)
- Candidates must have passed (with/without grace) the intermediate examination of the U.P. Board or the Class 12 level examination or its equivalent.
- Should have secured a minimum of 45 per cent aggregate (40 per cent aggregate for SC/ST category candidates).
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for MCA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow
- Candidates should have passed BCA/ Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree or passed BSc. /BCom/ BA with Mathematics at Class 12 level or at graduation level.
- Should have scored a minimum 50 per cent aggregate (45 per cent for SC/ST).
UPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for BTech Lateral Entry
- Candidates who have passed (with/without grace) three years Engineering Diploma from an Institution located in UP with minimum 45 percent aggregate (40 percent for SC/ST) OR whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh and he/she has passed three years Engineering Diploma with minimum 45 percent aggregate (40 percent for SC/ST) recognised by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture).
- Candidates who have passed (with/without grace) three years B.Sc. degree and passed Class 12 with mathematics as one of the subjects from any recognised University; securing minimum 45 per cent aggregate (40 per cent for SC/ST) in aggregate. These candidates shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with the candidates belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Admission to the second year of B.Tech (Lateral entry) of HBTU would be governed by the eligibility criteria laid down by HBTU.
UPCET Important Dates 2022
Check out the table below to know the important dates for UPCET 2022.
UPCET 2022 registration dates
The application forms will be available online
Last date of application
|Candidates can fill the application form till midnight
Final date for fee payment
|Application fees can be paid online
Admit card release
|Third week of June 2022
|Admit cards will be available online
UPCET 2022 application form correction facility
|First week of June 2022
|Candidates can edit their application forms if there is any discrepancy
|Fourth week of June 2022
|The exam will be conducted in the computer-based test mode
Answer key release
|Fourth week of June 2022
|Answer keys will be released online after the exam is conducted
Announcement of result
|Third week of July 2022
|The scorecards will be released on the official website
UPCET 2022 Admission Process
Check out the important UPCET 2022 admission process:
Step 1: UPCET 2022 application form
Candidates can register online on the official website and fill the UPCET 2022 application form. The application fee is INR 1,300 which is to be paid online through debit/credit card or net banking. While filling up the UPCET application form, candidates can select up to five institutes/colleges to send their scores for admission. UPCET 2022 exam will be held in the computer-based test mode across various cities in India.
Step 2: UPCET 2022 admit card
UPCET 2022 admit cards will be released for the registered candidates a few days before the exam. Candidates must download their UPCET 2022 admit card and take a printout of the same before the exam, as it is a mandatory document. Admit cards can be downloaded till the exam day. To check the UPCET 2022 admit card, the candidates will have to log in using the required credentials. While visiting the exam centre, the candidates will have to present the UPCET admit card along with identity proof.
Step 3: UPCET 2022 exam
UPCET 2022 will be conducted in the computer-based test mode. The test will be conducted in more than 40 test centres across the country. Candidates will have to visit the exam centre to take the exam.
Step 4: UPCET 2022 result
NTA will announce the UPCET 2022 results online. The test takers can check UPCET 2022 result and download the scorecard by entering their login credentials. The scorecards will not be sent to any candidate by post. Candidates can check the result only in online mode. On the basis of the result, UPCET 2022 merit list will be prepared by the authorities. Candidates will be invited for the counselling session based on the merit list.
UPCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Along with the syllabus, the candidates are also advised to check the UPCET 2022 exam pattern. Details of the examination such as mode, duration, type of questions and more can be checked through the UPCET exam pattern. This will allow the candidates to be comfortable with the UPCET/UPSEE 2022 exam and be prepared for it.
|Mode of Exam
|Computer-Based Test (Online)
|Duration of Exam
BPharm – 3 hours
Other courses – 2 hours
|Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|Medium of Exam
UG, MBA (Integrated), MCA (Integrated) – English and Hindi
PG – English
4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
UPCET 2022 Syllabus
UPCET 2022 Counselling
All candidates who are listed in the merit list will be able to appear for UPCET 2022 counselling. NTA will be conducting the counselling session in online mode. During the counselling session, candidates will be allotted seats in their respective courses and colleges on the basis of merit. UPCET scores will be taken into consideration during allotment. Selected candidates will have to submit their documents and pay the fee for confirmation of admission