WBJEE 2022: Choice Filling (Mop-Up Round Started), Seat Allotment (OUT), Counselling (Started), Admission Process
WBJEE 2022 counselling choice filling for the mop-up round is now open until September 23. The authorities will announce the WBJEE 2022 seat allotment for the mop-up round on September 27. Seats are being allotted as per the candidate’s WBJEE 2022 rank, preferences and seat availability. Two rounds along with a mop-up round of WBJEE counselling 2022 will be held. WBJEE 2022 was held as a pen-and-paper-based test on April 30. Admissions will be granted based on the candidate’s performance in WBJEE 2022. WBJEE 2022 counselling dates for JEE Main candidates have been announced. Read to know the details about WBJEE 2022.
What is WBJEE?
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state-level exam conducted by WBJEEB. The exam is a gateway for candidates seeking admission into B.Tech and B.Pharma courses at universities, government colleges and self-financing engineering & technical institutions in West Bengal. Last year, a total of 73119 students appeared for the exam out of whom 72298 were ranked. Out of the 72000 students who were ranked, 55154 were male and 17144 were female students.
WBJEE 2022 Highlights
The important highlights of WBJEE 2022 can be checked below.
|Name of the Exam
|West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam or WBJEE
|West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)
|Mode of Exam
|Course offered through the exam
General Category – INR 500
SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B – INR 400
4 Hours (2 Hours for Each Paper)
|Number of Papers
Paper 1 – Mathematics
Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry
Category I – Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. An incorrect response will yield a loss of ¼ mark. For any combination of responses with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
Category II – Only one option is correct, correct response yield two marks. An incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks For any combination of responses with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield a -1/2 (25% negative) mark.
Category III – One or more options may be correct. Only correct responses will yield 2(two) marks. There is no negative marking.
|Medium of Exam
|English and Bengali
|Colleges Accepting Exam Score
|BTech/BPharm courses at universities, government colleges and self-financing engineering & technical institutions in West Bengal.
|No. of Test Cities
WBJEE Email ID: [email protected]
WBJEE Helpline: 1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050
WBJEE 2022 Counselling
WBJEEB has commenced the WBJEE 2022 counselling process online. The qualified candidates will have to participate in the counselling process for admissions. Firstly, the candidates had to register for the WBJEE counselling and fill in their choice of colleges and courses in the order of preference. The allotment is being done according to the candidate’s rank, preference and availability of seat.
WBJEE 2022 Result
WBJEE 2022 result has been released at wbjeeb.nic.in. The marks and ranks obtained in the entrance examination is now available in the WBJEE result. Candidates will be able to download the WBJEE result 2022 in the form of a rank card. The WBJEE rank card should be downloaded and kept safe for future use.
WBJEE 2022 Answer Key
WBJEEB has released the final WBJEE 2022 answer key. The authorities released the OMR sheets and response sheet of WBJEE 2022. Candidates were able to raise objections against the recorded responses online until May 28. WBJEE 2022 model answer key was released on May 6. Candidates can check the correct responses to the entrance examination questions through the WBJEE answer key 2022 and calculate their probable secured marks. Objections against the answer key were accepted until May 8, 2022. For every challenge, the candidates had to pay INR 500. The unofficial answer key of WBJEE 2022 is also available.
WBJEE 2022 Application Form
WBJEEB ended the WBJEE 2022 application process on January 16. Candidates were able to access the application form on the official website. No other mode of application was accepted by the authorities. While filling out the WBJEE application form 2022, the candidates had to provide their personal, academic and communication details. Only after the payment was completed, the application form was successfully submitted.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
WBJEEB has prescribed certain eligibility criteria for WBJEE aspirants. Candidates are required to comply with WBJEE eligibility criteria 2022 to apply for the Joint Entrance Exam successfully. Candidates failing to comply with the eligibility norms will not be allowed to appear for the exam. WBJEE eligibility criteria might vary for different courses and at the institute level.
Take a look at the WBJEE 2022 eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in WBJEE 2022
- The aspirant must be an Indian citizen
- A candidate must be at least 17 years of age (as of December 31, 2022) to appear for the exam or be born on or before December 31, 2005. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the exam.
- However, for admission to the Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17 years as of December 31, 2022, and the upper age limit is 25 years as of December 31, 2022.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admissions
- Aspirants should have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of the listed below subjects as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all three subjects in regular class mode.
- Computer Science
- Computer Application
- Technical Vocational Subject
- Aspirants must have secured a minimum of 45 per cent marks (40 per cent in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidates should have qualified English in the Class 12 exam with at least 30 per cent marks.
- The Board of the Qualifying Examination must be recognised by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
WBJEE 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the details regarding WBJEE 2022 important dates from the table given below:
Release of WBJEE 2022 application form
Final date to submit the application form
07-Jan-2022 16-Jan-2022 (extended)
Application Correction window opens
18-Jan-2022 to 20-Jan-2022
Admit card release date
WBJEE 2022 exam
Paper I (Mathematics) – 11 AM to 1 PM
Paper II (Physics and Chemistry) – 2 PM to 4 PM
Answer key release date
Final date to raise objections against the answer key
Release of OMR sheets and recorded responses
Final date to raise objections against the OMR sheets and recorded responses
|Release of final answer key
WBJEE 2022 results
Counselling registrations and choice filling
26-Aug-2022 to 01-Sep-2022
Round 1 Seat Allotment
Round 2 Seat Allotment
Seat allotment results for Mop Up Round
Counselling registration for JEE Main/NATA candidates
WBJEE 2022 Preparation Tips
To perform well in the entrance exam, the candidates are advised to follow some preparation tips of WBJEE 2022. The following preparation tips can be checked for reference:
- Check Exam Pattern: Before starting off their preparation process, the candidates are advised to check the exam pattern of WBJEE 2022. Using the exam pattern, the candidates will be able to know the important features of the entrance examination.
- Know Official Syllabus: By being familiar with the WBJEE syllabus 2022, the candidates will be able to plan out their studies for the entrance exam.
- Create a Timetable: One of the important tasks for the candidates to complete is to create a personalized timetable. This will allow the candidates to maintain a strict routine for the examination.
- Attempt Mock Tests: Candidates should ensure that they attempt mock tests regularly. This will help the candidates to know their current status in terms of preparation and be familiar with the pattern of the exam. Candidates can also figure out their commonly made mistakes and correct them before the examination.
- Revise Regularly: Revision is one of the most important factors during the preparation process. Candidates should ensure that they revise every day so that they do not forget what they studied.
WBJEE 2022 Syllabus
The authorities have released the official WBJEE syllabus on the official website. The subjects and topics that have to be studied for the entrance exam are listed in the syllabus of WBJEE 2022. Before starting their preparation, the candidates are advised to check the WBJEE syllabus. Candidates will have to study topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for the exam.
WBJEE 2022 Exam Pattern
Details regarding how the entrance exam will be conducted will be released through the WBJEE exam pattern 2022. Candidates will be able to check information on the mode, duration, type of questions, marking scheme and more through the exam pattern of WBJEE 2022.
Offline (pen-and-paper-based test)
|4 hours (2 hours for each paper)
|Medium of Exam
|English and Bengali
Paper 1 – Mathematics
Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry
|Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions
|Total Number of Questions
WBJEE 2022 Admit Card
Registered candidates can now access the WBJEE 2022 admit card online. Details regarding the allotted exam centre, date, timings, guidelines to follow and more is available in the WBJEE admit card/hall ticket. Candidates will have to present the WBJEE admit card 2022 along with identity proof at the exam centres. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to attempt the examination. Candidates are advised to keep the WBJEE admit card safely till the admission process is over.